Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers it is located on Treaty One Territory. Treaty One Territory is located on the original lands of Anishinaabeg, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene peoples, and on the homeland of the Métis Nation.
Winnipeg ‘s Contemporary Dancers’ goal is to create a place on the local, national and international arts landscape that enables vital intersections, linkages and exchange among dance creators, dance interpreters, spectators and communities. Our values, programs, and activities are based on respect for our history, the ongoing development of our artists, and to our place in the community.
We are an evolving, responsive arts system, which serves as a springboard for advancing the art form through the presentation of new and existing dance work that fosters and advances artistic vitality and excellence in dance.
We create, produce, teach, present and promote professional contemporary dance with a view to furthering the art form for professional artists and audiences alike.
- Create and produce the work of our Artistic Director;
- Further the creative development of our Artistic Director;
- Collaborate with choreographers in developing & producing an exceptional range of contemporary work;
- Support and engage dancers;
- Train and nurture dance artists at all stages of their development;
- Create professional development opportunities;
- Nurture a professional working relationship with the School of Contemporary Dancers;
- Collaborate with other dance organizations locally, nationally and internationally;
- Engender vital links with communities.