As we give thanks for all of the bounty in our life on Thanksgiving weekend, WCD invites you to bring a non-perishable food item for Winnipeg Harvest. Below is a list of the most desirable food.
- Canned fish and poultry – tuna, or salmon (packed in water) chicken or turkey
- Canned fruit and vegetables (packed in own juice)
- Canned stew, chili, brown beans
- Peanut Butter
- Baby Food – jars of chicken, beef, vegetables or fruit, infant cereal such as oatmeal, barley or rice, Formula with added iron (While donations of infant formula with added iron are needed, Winnipeg Harvest supports breastfeeding.)
- Whole grain pasta/whole wheat pasta
- Rice – brown, converted or parboiled
- Canned spaghetti sauce or tomatoes
- Cereal – high fiber, non-sugar coated
- Canned soup – lentil, pea, vegetable
Please share what you can spare of these non-perishable food items.
These food items reflect recommendations in Canada’s Food Guide and are supported by Manitoba Dietitians.